If you are searching for a perfect tool by which you can stretch your boots, then you should use the boot calf stretcher. It is very helpful when you want to expand the size of the by one or two inches. There are many techniques by which you can stress the boot but which are not as effective as the stretcher.
You may add some liquid into the boot to expand the size. You can wear the same until it becomes dry, the liquid will loosen the calf area so you can easily wear the same with jeans. There are many boots on the market which also comes in adjustable sizes and shape for men and women. After few years, the boots will be tight so you will have painful experience with zipping and calf area.
Why is the boot shaft stretcher very handy?
Most of the people used to buy boots to wear them at a comfortable size that is why they used to face the common problem within few years. The boots will shrink over time, but you can easily solve the problem by a boot calf stretcher. It is very effective for the leather boots, and the best part is that you can operate it without any problem.
How to use a boot calf stretcher?
A perfect tool also gives you the perfect opportunity to stretch the boots without any damage. There are many stretches of which you can have a comfortable size. You have to consider the following factors before you buy a stretcher.
- You have to choose the right stretcher. There are many boot stretchers which also comes with calf stretcher which is very useful when it comes to stretching of calf position.
- A right stretcher will fit perfectly into the boot. It should have long handles so you can use it properly. The long handles will make the operations quick.
- You can open the wedge and put the stretcher inside the boot. After that, you should screw the stretcher and lock the same into the position.
- After the locking the position you can stretch out the toe to expand the same.
- You can crank open the edge of the boot to get a perfect position for the calf stretcher. After that, you should apply maximum but balanced stretch. You should leave it for few hours to obtain the permanent effect.
- Additionally, you can slide the boot into a calf stretcher to stretch the calf portion. When everything is done, you may pull the boot out from the stretcher.
How to expand your expensive leather boots by using the boot calf stretcher?
If you want to stress the calf area, then you should opt for the stretcher. It gives you the ability to stress the size up to 1/4” without any professional knowledge. You don’t have to spread any alcohol inside the calf area as long as you have the stretcher. After the expansion, you can wear the same without any problem.
How does the cobbler stretch the calf part of the boot using the boot calf stretcher?
When it comes to leather, then you will not face any problem even after three years because there are some specialized tools and technique by which you can easily increase the size of the boot. The cobbler can stretch the boot by additional 1 cm so you can wear the same with your jeans and socks.
If you are thinking about to spray the alcohol inside the boot to make it stretched; it offers the right amount of stretch because you have to wear it until it becomes dry. You may need anyone who can pull the boots out of your legs because it used to stick to the feet that are why it is recommended to use socks. If you don’t want to use the stretcher then, you can use this method.
When it comes to dehcord which is totally different from the leather applying pressure might break the chemical bonds in the dehcord. It will be better not to attempt any stretching operation in those boots which are not made out of leather. The traditional techniques are not effective that is why you can buy a boot calf stretcher to stretch the boots even from your home.
There are many stretchers available on the market. You can use the same to widen the boot claves and toe; it is very effective when you are facing fitting problems. It might take more than 12 hours to get a proper stretch on the boots; you may increase the tension to increase it further. It is always recommended to keep the stretcher inside the boot for overnight. You can easily get up to 2 inches of stretch and big calves.
How to solve the fitting problem with boot calf stretcher?
You may ask your friend about the common fitting problems of the boots. The experts will suggest you to take the boot to a cobbler to make it stretched. The cobbler used to have boot calf stretcher which is a special tool, commonly used to stretch the boots. Spray stretch is also effective when it comes to minor stretch.
Most of the stretchers are made of metal. It is the professional device by which you can shift the size of the boots. You can use this device to stretch outside when it comes to stretch inside you cannot do the same. There is some advance mechanism by which you can easily stretch upwards and downwards equally at the same time. Most of the stretchers do not fit into every boot so you have to choose the right one.
Things to be considered before you buy a calf boot stretcher
Calf boot stretcher – There are many stretchers which are made out of cast Aluminum which not only lasts long also feels lightweight. The calm stretchers come with high-performance stretching techniques. You can stretch the boots to get relief from the tightness of the calf area. You may consider the following factors before you buy a stretcher.
- You have to ensure that the stretcher will fit on western, riding and work boots perfecting by reading several reviews and frequently asked questions.
- You should buy those stretchers which come with calf stretcher and shaft stretcher in-build.
- It must be made of cast Aluminum.
- It can be used for different sized boots.
- You have to ensure whether the stretcher comes with shaft and boot stretcher operations at the same time or not.
If there is any tightness in the calf, then you will have major problems in muscles. After the enlargement you can easily wear the boots, no more struggling with the zip. You should choose those stretchers which have an 18-inch diameter when it is closed. You can easily slide up and down the metal rod which is used to stretch the size. You have to spin clockwise to increase the stretch.
You cannot stretch the shoe by the stretcher because it is exclusively used to stretch from the leg opening. However, you cannot stretch the cowboy boots. There are many people who used to purchase the expensive boots online but sometimes it may not have the perfect fittings that time boot calf stretcher is the only option. If you are facing the problem with the zip boots, then you have to be a little careful.
There are many websites where you can buy the heavy duty boot stretchers. It forces the leathers to make it large. You may have tried the spray technique but which fails to bring the best result. You may use the same to have a nice stretch on the calf. The high-performance stretchers used to come with a user manual that helps a lot. You can wear your stretched boots with the jeans.
If you want to stretch the toe or foot, then you can do that with the help of a cobbler. There are several types of equipment which are very useful when it comes to stretching boots. He might apply the right amount of pressure to enlarge the size. You can easily stretch the boot by 0.5 inches without any noticeable changes to the looks.
How to increase the size of the boots by boot calf stretcher when you cannot apply any spray?
There are many expensive boots which come with a lace and tongue in the boot. If you wipe them with alcohol or any liquid, then it might damage the same. You may try any soap to the rough material so you have only one way to stretch the same by using the stretcher. If you do not want to return the same, then you should bring the same to a shoemaker to fix the roughness of the boots.
The shoemaker might add some extra cushions inside the shoe to make some space for your calves. If you want to adjust the boots, then you have to follow the steps which are given below to avoid any mistake. You can easily avoid any expensive work by following the steps.
- You have to take an accurate measurement. If you want to do that, then you should wear jeans and then you should measure the calves this will give you the accurate measurement.
- You have to consider the shaft size. You may have a big foot that is why you need a big shaft. There are many stretchers by which you can stretch the shaft.
- If the boots are made out of leather, then you can easily stretch the same by using the liquid technique or stretcher both will work.
- In the case of liquid technique, you have to wear the same until it becomes large.
- It will be better if you allow the experts to stretch the boots with their hands.
How to manage the shaft when the boots are not made with leather by boot calf stretcher?
When it comes to non-leather boots, then you might face some problems with the size of the calf after some years of purchase. However, you can take the same to a cobbler. A cobbler might expand the size by 0.5 inches by the advance boot calf stretcher tool. Even a cobbler may not be able to stretch those boots which features zippers because these boots might break rather than stretching.
Most of the people used to depend on the shoemaker when it comes to the stretching. They used to charge a lot for the stretching. You may buy the stretching equipment and perform the task by yourself. There are many online retails where you can easily buy the stretcher machine, toe stretcher with some attractive discount. If it is your first time, then you should consult with any experts to extract the best out of rest.
How to stretch your boots by using the boot shaft stretcher and expert’s knowledge?
When it comes to stretching by the boot shaft stretcher, then you have to admit Ron Georges who was an expert in shoemaking. He also owns a family shoemaking business for more than 100 years. He has given some serious tips about the stretching of boots out of his personal experience. You may follow the advice of the professional stretchers to avoid any damage.
- Dry stretch is possible, but you have to use the professional boot stretchers.
- If you don’t want to use any stretchers then, you can use the fluid or any liquid in the leather.
- The best way to stretch the boot is heat. You may take the shoe or boots to the nearest shoe repairing shop where you can heat the boots and extend the size.
The calf stretchers are made increase the size of the boots by using the stretch. There are two metal plates backed by some advance mechanism. You have to use the rod clockwise and anticlockwise to increase the stretch and decrease the stretch respectively. You can use the boot calf stretcher for any sized boots because the diameters of the modern stretchers are 18 inches.
You have to be careful before you buy any stretcher online, most of the stretcher may not have the best fit so you cannot use the same for narrow boots. You can easily stretch your boots up to 2 inches. You should avoid the water or liquid method because it might ruin the leathers. Normally the boot calf stretcher might cost you around 150 dollars.