Problems with flat feet, You must know how to choose the best running shoes for flat feet. Otherwise, it many leads too many problems. Yes, it is hard to choose the proper shoes, when you have flat feet. Wearing a wrong pair of shoe, can lead to pain or injury in your feet. The foot arch acts as a shock absorbent when you run. It also works as a good grip. But the flat feet people does not enjoy this facility. So people with flat feet are more prone to get injured during running, or jumping. So, you should not be attracted to the color or brand of the shoe; rather you must judge the shoe according to your feet.
Dynamics behind flat feet
The feet arch is made of tarsal and metatarsal bones. There is also ligaments and tendons, which helps in supporting the body weight. The arch height will say the foot type. The term flat feet is determined when the imprint of the feet taken in a wet feet test, shows the whole feet.
Curved feet also help in distribution of the weight, throughout the body. People who have flat feet, when then run, they tend to move their feet inward. In this process, the ankle twists and absorbs the stress. This type of activity on a regular basis can lead to chronic back problems even tendonitis. But don’t worry, if you are a flat footed person, there are many shoes in the market, which are specially designed for the flat footed people.
Features of best running shoes for flat feet
Selecting the best shoe is not about the brand, price, colour or the design. Firstly, you should consult a physician to determine the amount of arch. There are many shoe soles which are specially made for flat feet person. Your physician may prescribe one. You should also know the amount of pronation that occurs while running. You can also check these things when you look into the interior of a shoe, which you have used for a considerable amount of time. If you rotate your feet inward, then there is a heavy wear, inside the sole.
Then you should get your foot measured. If you don’t think this is necessary, then you are wrong. Even if you are wearing same shoe size for years, yet there are many cases where people have one foot smaller than the other. In this condition, either one feet is clenched, or other feet have more room in the interior. You should buy a pair of shoe, with a larger width. This will provide comfort while running as well as walking. You should also consider, the amount of wear and tear. This will depend on the user and the duration of use. You should also change your shoe on a regular basis when the soul is damaged. If your physician prescribes a shoe for you, then you must stick to it.
What are the factors to consider?
You need to shortlist some shoes, on the basis of requirements. Here are the few things which can help you to choose best running shoes for flat feet.
- Arch support: if a shoe claims, arch support then is sure that these shoes are specially made for people with flat feet. Added support or arch support provides more comfort to flat feet.
- Stability control: these are a new technology to provide stability control. As the name indicates, the shoes are specially designed to provide an arch support. The layers are made with polyurethane materials. These shoes are a great help to correct over pronation. When you get an arch automatically, then you will not tend to move your feet inward. This shoes will increase your speed and running length.
- Motion control: the motion control shoes have all the features of stability control. There is an added layer of cushion material to absorb the shock. These shoes also prevent the runners from bending inward. They provide the ultimate grip with your feet, to hold up body weight while running.
- Weight: there are many people who love to run in light shoes, then the bulky ones. If you are one of them, then motion control shoes are not for you. Stability control shoes are less heavy than the motion control.
- Arch support materials: many physicians prescribe this when you have extremely flat feet, and then you can add extra soles for arch support. But be aware that, your shoe does not become very tight after that. Your toes should have extra room for movement. Otherwise, there will be scratches.
What are the best shoes for runners with flat feet?
- Brooks Adrenaline: Brooks have developed the GTS 15 model especially for flat feet runners. It will provide stability as well as comfort. The cushioning system is very efficient. The saddle design can be adjusted, according to the purpose.
- Asics gel Kayano: the fluid fit mesh support is all that, is the best in this model. It is one of the popular product in the market as the stability control shoe. The dual density midsole is the best for flat feet running. The only disadvantage is that it is very high priced.
- Saucony guide: another stability control is running shoe. One of the important factors in this item is that the inner soul is so built that, it can be recommended for both flat as well as arched feet runners.
- Nike zoom: the odyssey model is popular for daily training. Support facility is above all others. There is a transition cushion, which will distribute the shock while running. The shoes are claimed to provide high mileage and comfort.
- Mizuno wave inspire: if you want to run with a less bulky shoe, then this is a great choice. It provides ample heel support and core stability without added weight. It also has great designs on the top.
- Asics gel DS: this is designed in the category of fast running shoes. The shoe is lightweight, with a firm grip and make you run over miles. The shoes are also cheaper than others.
If you are flat footed, then you should run on a soft surface, preferably on the beach in barefoot. Now you can choose the best running shoes for flat feet, with these easy guides.