Fallen arches can be extremely painful. The arch of the adult feet is formed with plenty of tendons. Now, when the pull of those tendons goes in proper amount then it can be considered as the normal arch, but when it does not go together then, this flat foot takes place.
How to check it:
You can check the flat feet quite easily by following a few steps only.
- You first need to make your feet wet.
- You then need to stand on any of the flat surfaces where you can check the foot prints.
- Now, you have to check the foot prints thoroughly. If you find that you are finding the full print of the feet on the floor you can remain assured that you are suffering from flat feet.
Why Fallen arches happen:
A person can have flat feet because of different reasons.
- You can find this abnormality since your birth.
- If the tendons of your feet are stretched more than the limit or if those are torn then you can face such problem.
- If the PTT of your legs is suffered by inflammation or any kind of damage you can face the problem of flat feet.
- It also happens to the dislocated or broken bones of the feet.
- In the case of nerve problem, you can experience flat feet.
- In the case of different kinds of arthritis, you can also face flat feet problem.
There are some of the things like pregnancy, aging, diabetes, and obesity which can increase the chance of flat feet in you.
What are the problems?
There are different kinds of problems you can face with fallen arches.
- Your feet will become tired quite easily.
- You can feel immense pain in the area of the arch and the heels.
- The bottom of the feet can become sweaty very quickly.
- If you try to stand on your feet, you will find it difficult to do.
- You can also feel the pain in the entire leg and back due to the problem of flat feet.
Now it is quite clear that flat feet can be a big problem for you. Now, it has also been seen that plenty of persons are born with this problem, but when they become adult gradually, they get rid of this problem automatically. However, if it does not happen then you need to take step regarding the same.
- You need to give rest to your feet, and you should rub ice on your feet so that you can get relief from pain. It will also help your feet not to be sweaty too much.
- You can also consult to a physiotherapist and can start doing various stretching exercises which can also give you relief.
- There are different kinds of medications that you can use to get rid of the pain caused by flat feet. However, before using any such medicine, you should surely consult with the physician.
- Many people use injected medications also to get rid of the pain caused by flat feet.
- There are different kinds of orthotic devices the use of which can give you relief from the pain. You can also change your shoes because a right shoe can give you relief from this to a great extent.
- There are different kinds of physical therapies also which can be used to get rid of this problem.
Now, after doing all these if the symptoms of flat feet remain the same you need to consult the physician for the same. They may refer you to go through the surgery which can come as a permanent solution to this problem for you.
Different kinds of surgeries:
There are different kinds of surgeries are also done for providing you relief from the symptoms of flat feet.
- The ankle and foot bones will be fused together.
- The shape of the feet bones will be changed or cut.
- Sometimes the problem of flat feet can come from the unnecessary growth of the feet bones. So, if the surgery is done, this can also be taken care of.
- In some of the surgeries the bones of the feet are grafted in such a way that with time you get rid of the flat feet problem quite naturally.
- Now by balancing the pull of the tendons a sergeant can give you relief from the symptoms of flat feet. So, in the surgery sometimes the tendons from the other parts of the body are added. Thus, the pull is made complete and you get rid of the problem.
What to do at home for fallen arches:
At home, you can also take some remedies which can help you a lot to get rid of the pain caused by flat feet.
- The best possible way to do it will be to use some other shoes. The activity which you do and the shoe you use should have a relation.
- You should always avoid different kinds of activities in which excessive stress on your feet will be required.
- You can use ice all the time to get rid of the pain. You can also consult with the physiotherapist and can start some exercises at home to get rid of it.
- You should also take care of the other risk factors which are already mentioned which can increase the chances of the symptoms of flat feet.
- You should not play any kind of sports which can damage the tendons of your feet more. It will make the situation far more difficult for you.
- If the problem persists you should always consult the doctor at the earliest so that the necessary steps can be taken very quickly.
It is true that people who have the problem of fallen arches face real pain on many occasions. However, it is not such a problem for which you will not be able to find out a solution. If you can follow a few things in most of the cases you will get the remedy. In the case of a very critical stage the surgery can be considered as the best way to get rid of the flat feet problem.