By stretching shoe width, you can save your favourite pair of shoe. Many times you find your favourite pair of shoe, hurting your feet because it is bit smaller than your feet. Here are some simple ways to stretch out your shoe.
Methods of stretching shoe width
All the following methods are applied only to natural materials like leather.
- You know that water expands in volume when it freezes. All you have to do is to fill an airtight plastic pouch in the toes of the shoe. Then keep the shoe in the freezer. As the water frizzes, it will expand in volume, this can stretch your shoe.
- The next process works very well for boots. You will have to find out the thickest pair of socks and wear it. Then put your feet inside the shoe and apply pressure to the places which hurt the most. Then use a hair dryer and blow hot air into the affected areas. Then let them cool, and repeat the process with normal socks. Apply leather conditioner afterwards.
- You can also, collect few socks, and roll then. Then stuff the rolls, into the shoes. When you leave it overnight, you will find a difference in the morning. You can also use wet shocks, for better results.
- The easiest way is to use a shoe stretcher. They are available in wood, metal and plastic. You can also combine the process with shoe stretcher spray.
- Check out the instructions of the material, before applying these methods. A cobbler or the professionals can take few hours for stretching boot width.